Translate

Friday, December 26, 2014

Journey Conclusion


Overall the weekend was a success, all the girls completed the Journey and left with ideas to create their own take action project.

Before the weekend I went through the journey to see what I should go over with the girls. There are some confusing pages and opinionated ones, I left those out but added that they could review and complete various sections on their own. The reasoning for this is that everyone has separate opinions that were discussed and we agreed it could reviewed individually. Therefore, I selected certain pages and sections of the book to go through and discuss during the weekend.


In order to gain participation, I requested volunteers to share their answer and would go around the room for everyone to share their comments. That way everyone would be expressing themselves and no one would be sitting their silent for the entire time. Only constructive commentary was encouraged during these discussions.







I know that the journey could be boring at times,  so I connected an activity for each section of work. The girls reacted positively to the work and everyone had fun during the activities. Connecting the activities also broke up the work so we wouldn't be sitting in a circle for an hour going through the book. During the activities the girls could meet new people and possibly make new friends.

Please see the Girltopia Weekend Schedule and list of activities below:







3 comments:

  1. Seanna, this is amazing! I am a leader of two troops and we've had a hard time with this topic, so KUDOS to you that you could figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome but I could not read the weekend schedule. I would really like to use this in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seanna, I LOVED the ideas you gave for the journey but could not see a link for the weekend schedule. Would you be able to send it to me please? I'd love to use it with my troop. Thanks so much! RosieB@columbus.rr.com

    ReplyDelete